Of all the gummy candies, gummy bears are among the most beloved.
Note that you can easily modify the recipe below to make
Recipe: Cherry, Green Tea, and CBD Gummy Bears
Start to finish: 45 minutes (active: 30 minutes)
Yields: 50 gummy bears
Approximate dosage: 5mg CBD and 1mg THC per gummy bear*
*Note: Potency may vary widely depending on your tincture.
- Food-grade condiment bottle
- Food-grade silicon gummy bear molds
- Measuring cup
- 1 oz CBD tincture (I used Ethos 250mg CBD Tincture—if you use a tincture with more or less CBD, divide the total milligrams in your tincture by 50 to calculate the approximate dosage of each bear)
- 2 green tea bags
- 3 tablespoons creamed honey
- ½ cup coconut water
- ¾ cup tart cherry juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons agar-agar powder or gelatin
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Pour coconut water into small saucepan. Bring to boil, then
steep greentea bags in coconut water for up to 10 minutes (but no less than 4 minutes). Compost tea bags.
- Add cherry juice, salt, and creamed honey to saucepan. Stir
gently untilmixture is homogenous. Return mixture to a boil, then reduce heat tosimmer.
- Add agar-agar powder and whisk constantly for 3–4 minutes. (Note: The texture of agar-agar can be unsatisfying for folks used to
the gelatin-basedgummy bears. You can replace with gelatin, if you’d like.)
- Add your desired dosage of CBD tincture (alcohol, coconut oil,
or glycerintinctures are all fine) and whisk thoroughly until fully incorporated.
- Turn off stovetop and place funnel in condiment bottle.
- Transfer gummy bear liquid to condiment bottle. Be careful! This liquid is crazy hot and you will need to work quickly.
ovenmitt or hot pad, hold bottleand squeeze liquid into gummybear mold.
- Transfer mold to
refrigeratorand let setfor 15 minutes.
- Remove bears from tray and store in airtight container.
- Enjoy one or two at a time in
30 minuteintervals until desireddosage is reached.