Preparing to Make Your Smoothie
Making smoothies is technically a walk in the park as you can put anything you want in there and experiment until you are happy with the results. However, it’s good to have something of a foundation to work with which in the case of this particular recipe can be used as a base for an endless variety of smoothies – all of which will taste fantastic.
To get the best smoothie and the full effects of THC and CBD it
So as far as that all-important base goes, the ingredients you’ll be needing include:
- Approximately 500 ml of your choice of milk. (It’s perfectly possible to use fat free, semi-skimmed, soy milk, lactose free milk substitutes and really anything else you want. Nevertheless, full-fat products usually make the best choices!)
- 150 ml to 200 ml of double cream (just to take indulgence about five steps further)
- 4 tablespoons of clear honey (If you can get
cannabis infusedhoney, go for it!)
- One fresh vanilla pod or a few drops of vanilla essence
- Any fruits you decide to go with – recommended fruits to start with including bananas, strawberries, mangoes, pineapple, kiwi, raspberries, blueberries etc.
- Quite literally anything else you can think of that you’d like to throw in.
Making Your Cannabis Smoothie
The amount of dry bud you use will really depend on your tolerance
- It’s generally recommended to start out using about 1-2g of buds for two solid smoothies, though if you want a lighter kick you might want to reduce this. It all depends on your preferences, the strength of the weed you have, what kind of high you are looking for and so on. If you happen to have any buds lying around rather on the dry side, this is a great way of putting them to good use.
- First of all, give the dried cannabis a seriously intensive grinding almost to the point where it is in powder form. You can now Decarboxylate the bud for best (and strongest) effects, if you do not have the time go to step 3.
- You’ll then want to take the milk and cream, mix them both together and place them on a very low heat. This is where patience and precision are required as you need to ensure that the milky mixture reaches a temperature between 60° C and 70° C without ever allowing it to boil. If it does come to the boil, it could be game over.
- When it reaches the perfect temperature, add the cannabis and once again give it a good stir. Be meticulous and ensure that the temperature stays at around the exact same temperature, after which you should leave it all cooking away nicely for at least an hour. This gives it enough time for all that precious THC to make it out of the cannabis and into the milk – infusing like this makes all the difference in the world when it comes to the final result.
- After an hour or so, remove the milk from the heat, allow it to go cold and place it in the fridge until it is cold enough to use in your smoothie.
- Pour all the ingredients (your fruit, vanilla , cream and milk) into the blender, blast it all until the consistency is smooth, pour your cannabis smoothie into a glass with ice and enjoy!
It takes some time, but boy is it worth the effort!